Gaiatri’s Level Three Yoga Teacher Training course is the icing on the cake. This life enriching six-day intensive continues to propel the student into what it means to live a yogic lifestyle. Immersed within the depths of yogic principles, philosophy, and practices, the student becomes increasingly self-sufficient in all aspects of teaching and self-inquiry. Topics include advanced asana and pranayama technique, kirtan and mantra recitation, human anatomy and physiology, excellent class design and composition, experiential energy anatomy, Ayurveda and yogic philosophy. Following the same format as the previous two levels, your days are highly experiential with teaching, discussion, problem-solving, brainstorming and personal coaching woven together throughout the week.
1. Completion of Gaiatri’s Deepen Your Practice: Yoga Immersion - 32 hours (not required but highly recommend before, during or after your Teacher Training)
2. Completion of Gaiatri’s Level One & Two Yoga Teacher Training course.
Throughout the week, students design classes and develop their teaching methodology using a workshop style format. Participants are encouraged to find their “Authentic Teacher” and personal teaching style, rather than re-producing a particular form, system, or tradition. At the same time, your confidence is expanded with the fundamentals and your understanding of the responsibilities of teaching yoga.
All of the teaching modules - from anatomy to alignment - are expanded from the previous two levels and your home study. The topics that we cover in Level Three include:
1.Techniques - including advanced asana, pranayama, kriyas, mantra, meditation, and adjustments.
2.Teaching Methodology - principles of demonstration, assisting, modifying and correcting, qualities of a great teacher, important factors and issues of being a yoga instructor. Students will continue to have the opportunity to explore classroom management, structure, pacing, tone and composition in the moment within increasingly challenging criteria and class themes.
3.Human Physiology - additional studies in physiology (Level Three focuses on the human physiological system). Discussion will include various topics such as illness, injury, related health benefits and health benefits of yogic practices.
4.Energy Anatomy – a deeper look into the chakras with an experiential focus along with a continued look into how yogic practices relate to the chakras.
5.Voice and Language Awareness - on-going coaching and feedback to expand on the learnings from the first two levels.
6.Philosophy/Ethics - including a comparison of dual (the Yoga of Patanjali) versus non-dual philosophies (such as Advaita Vedanta and Tantra), the nature of mind, koshas, and the tattvas.
7.Ayurveda – a deeper look into the yogic lifestyle through the study of Ayurveda, yoga’s sister science. We will look at the doshas, gunas, dinacharya, diet, cooking and nutrition.
8.Leadership & The Business of Yoga - numerous opportunities will be presented to expand and develop your personal leadership style. We continue to inquire into incorporating yogic principles within teaching, relationship, and business.
9.Practicum - Students demonstrate their knowledge of observing and teaching, classroom composition, sequencing, workshops, classroom management, voice quality, word choice, and adjustments.
Certification for the completion of the 56-hour Level Three course will be presented at the end of the six-day training. You will then be required to complete a take home open-book examination (that reviews the various topics covered throughout the 200 hour teacher training) as well as two brief essays and two book reports.
Completed exams and written material are then submitted to Gaiatri for review. Successful completion of this examination material along with the successful attendance and completion of Gaiatri’s Yoga Immersion and three part Teacher Training will result in a Certificate of Completion for the Gaiatri Yoga Teacher Training 200 hour program being issued to you.
1.Gaiatri Yoga Teacher Training manual.
- The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope
- Ayurveda The Science of Self Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
The following policies apply to both transferring and cancelling a registration:
* A deposit will hold your spot in a course up until 6 weeks prior to the course at which time full payment is required.
* If full payment is not received within 6 weeks, you will have the choice of cancelling, transferring or being put on the wait list.
* Any transfers or cancellations are subject to a $50 administration fee.
All deposits are transferable to a future course of the same level with the following considerations:
* Transfer must happen within 1 year of the original course date after which time the deposit will be lost.
* Transfers may occur up to 6 weeks prior to your course date without further penalty.
* Up to 4 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 20% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
* Up to 3 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 30% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
* Up to 2 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 40% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
* Within 2 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 50% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
Cancellations will be given based on the following policy:
* Up to 12 weeks prior to course, a cancelled registrant will receive a full refund of their deposit less a $50 administration fee.
* Up to 8 weeks prior to course, a cancelled registrant may receive 50% of their deposit (includes $50 registration fee).
* Up to 6 weeks to course, a cancelled registrant will be charged 25% of their course fees.
* Up to 4 weeks to course, a cancelled registrant will be charged 50% of their course fees.
* Up to 2 weeks to course, a cancelled registrant will be charged 75% of their course fees.
* No refunds will be provided less than 2 weeks prior to course.
Gaiatri reserves the right to re-schedule a course or workshop based on our minimum requirement. Cancellation or re-scheduling decisions will be made on a course by course basis no later than three weeks prior to a scheduled start date. In the case of Gaiatri cancelling or rescheduling a course, 100% of your fees will be refunded or transferred.
Level Three’s mornings typically consist of advanced asana, pranayama, mantra and meditation practices, as well as studies into the nature of the mind. The afternoons are filled with teaching, theory, discussion, and hands-on adjustments and practice. We will expand on the previous two levels with a deeper look into the yogic lifestyle including various Ayurvedic practices. Students will benefit from more hands-on teaching and leadership development. Students design and discuss various classroom templates, classroom management, anatomy and physiology as it relates to asana and illness or injury, yogic philosophy, energy anatomy and prosperity consciousness.
Students will be encouraged and coached to continue unlocking their own authentic teacher and teaching style. Personal coaching and direct feedback support the continual growth and development of each individual. An introduction to Gaiatri’s Teacher Services and unique business support will develop your ability to become a successful yoga teacher.
Participants are encouraged to journal and monitor their learning, reflections, and dreams. Students are encouraged and guided to delve into their own unique world to uncover for themselves their own patterns and stories that they have chosen.
The understanding gained is slowly woven into your practice. Your journaling and self-exploration, in conjunction with the wisdom of yogic philosophy and the knowledge of your personal doshic qualities, helps you shed light on your ever-evolving path.
Date: Nov 19, 12 - Nov 24, 12
812 Edmonton Trail NE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sasha’s insatiable curiously was sparked at a very early age, growing up to her father reading the Ecstatic love poems of Rumi and Enchanted wisdom of Hafiz instead of fairy tales. This created a lasting love affair with the mystery and potential in all things. Whether it be the perfection…
Jana's yogic training began long before ever stepping foot on a yoga mat. Growing up in small town Saskatchewan with little more than her imagination to keep her company, Jana's fascination with the physical and the ethereal flourished as she spent many years silently watching the river moving through her…