Edmonton in July, warm breezes and clear skies. Join us for your Level Two course and get well on your way to a new and exciting teaching career.
Gaiatri’s Level Two Yoga Teacher Training course is a six-day intensive that continues to immerse aspiring yoga teachers within the rich universe of yogic principles, philosophy, and practices. Augmenting the learning received in Level One, Level Two expands and refines both yoga teaching methodologies and yoga teaching styles. Topics range from asana and pranayama technique, human anatomy, and class design and composition to energy anatomy and yogic philosophy. Following the same format as Level One, your days (from 8am-6pm) are highly experiential with teaching, discussion, problem-solving, brainstorming and personal coaching woven together throughout the week.
1. Completion of Gaiatri’s Deepen your Practice:Yoga Immersion (not required but highly recommend before, during or after the Teacher Training)
2. Completion of Gaiatri’s Level One Yoga Teacher Training course.
Spring boarding from Level One, students enrolled in Level Two will be able to sink their teeth into developing their own personal style of teaching. The topics that we cover in Level Two include:
1.Techniques - including asana, adjustments, pranayama, kriyas, mantra and meditation.
2.Teaching Methodology - principles of demonstration, assisting, modifying and correcting, qualities of a great teacher, important factors and issues of being a yoga instructor. Students will have the opportunity to explore classroom management, structure, pacing, tone and composition in the moment.
3.Physical Anatomy and Physiology - further studies of physical anatomy (Level Two focuses in on the human Muscular system), general physiology and body systems. Discussion will include various topics such as illness, injury, related health benefits and health benefits of yogic practices.
4.Energy Anatomy – including nadis, vayus, chakras, and how yogic practices relate to these aspects of subtle energy anatomy.
5.Voice and Language Awareness - developing direct and expressive vocabularies for teaching, voice projection and modulation, learning how to teach to students rather than teaching at them and on-going coaching and feedback.
6.Philosophy/Ethics - including the Yoga Sutras, koshas, ethical issues, the yogic lifestyle (including gunas), diet and nutrition. In Level Two we develop a broader understanding of the service of teaching yoga: its responsibilities, gifts and possibilities.
7.Leadership & The Business of Yoga - numerous opportunities will be presented to expand and develop your personal leadership style. By looking into incorporating yogic principles within teaching, relationship, and business, students are offered the opportunity to explore these principles in their own lives.
8.Practicum - Students demonstrate their knowledge of observing and teaching, classroom composition, classroom management, sequencing, voice quality, word choice, adjustments and enhancements.
Certification for the completion of the 56-hour Level Two course will be presented at the end of the six-day training. Gaiatri’s Yoga Teacher Training program follows the criteria and standards of the internationally recognized Yoga Alliance 200-hour yoga teacher certification. Upon completion of all three levels, students are eligible for certification and official registration with Yoga Alliance.
1.Gaiatri Yoga Teacher Training manual.
Level 2 Reading list
- Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith
- The Breathing Book by Donna Farhi
The following policies apply to both transferring and canceling a registration:
* A deposit will hold your spot in a course up until 6 weeks prior to the course at which time full payment is required.
* If full payment is not received within 6 weeks, you will have the choice of cancelling, transferring or being put on the wait list.
* Any transfers or cancellations are subject to a $50 administration fee.
All deposits are transferable to a future course of the same level with the following considerations:
* Transfer must happen within 1 year of the original course date after which time the deposit will be lost.
* Transfers may occur up to 6 weeks prior to your course date without further penalty.
* Up to 4 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 20% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
* Up to 3 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 30% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
* Up to 2 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 40% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
* Within 2 weeks prior to course, a registrant will be charged 50% of their course fee, the remainder of which must be applied to another course.
Cancellations will be given based on the following policy:
* Up to 12 weeks prior to course, a cancelled registrant will receive a full refund of their deposit less a $50 administration fee.
* Up to 8 weeks prior to course, a cancelled registrant may receive 50% of their deposit (includes $50 registration fee).
* Up to 6 weeks to course, a cancelled registrant will be charged 25% of their course fees.
* Up to 4 weeks to course, a cancelled registrant will be charged 50% of their course fees.
* Up to 2 weeks to course, a cancelled registrant will be charged 75% of their course fees.
* No refunds will be provided less than 2 weeks prior to course.
Gaiatri reserves the right to re-schedule a course or workshop based on our minimum requirement. Cancellation or re-scheduling decisions will be made on a course by course basis no later than three weeks prior to a scheduled start date. In the case of Gaiatri cancelling or rescheduling a course, 100% of your fees will be refunded or transferred.
Level Two’s format is similar to Level One, with the morning typically consisting of practices, techniques and alignment studies. The afternoon is bountiful in teaching, theory, and discussion. We will expand on Level One with a deeper look into the practices of meditation and kriyas. Students will benefit from more hands-on teaching and leadership development. Students design and discuss various classroom templates, classroom management, anatomy and physiology as it relates to asana and illness or injury, yogic philosophy and prosperity consciousness.
Students will be encouraged and coached to continue unlocking their own authentic teacher and teaching style. Personal coaching and direct feedback support the continual growth and development of each individual. An introduction to Gaiatri’s Teacher Services and unique business support will develop your ability to become a successful yoga teacher.
Participants can expect to benefit in many areas of their life through the personal growth work offered in this program. Gaiatri endeavours to conduct each of its programs with the utmost of integrity, helping individuals to reach their full potential. We create a safe and inspiring environment in which students are called to address areas in their life which may be limiting. Our students are coached to exemplify the principles of yoga in their teaching and business lifestyle. Supported by the daily practice of yoga, meditation and self-reflection, you can expect great things.
Date: Jul 21, 09 - Jul 26, 09
(2nd. Floor) 11209 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I feel blessed for the path that I walk. Delight, wonder, and astonishment are arising from my on-going exploration - a journey that ebbs and flows between my contracting and falling down and my getting up, opening, and learning to love a little more each time. Seeing incredible benefit from…
“The most important thing in life is style. That is, the style of one’s existence, the character mode from which all actions arise.” – Tom Robbins “Don’t forget love; it will bring all the madness you need to unfurl yourself across the universe.” - Mirabai